Please contact the office to make an appointment-(724) 656-2440
Please read in full.
PLEASE READ IN FULL
A FEE OF $65.00 CASH MUST BE PAID THE DAY OF APPLICATION – NO CHECKS!
TO: ALL MARRIAGE APPLICANTS
FROM: JODI KLABON-ESOLDO, PROTHONOTARY AND CLERK OF COURTS
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Marriage licenses issued in this office are good in the state of Pennsylvania only. Licenses cannot be used legally in any other state.
2. There’s a three (3) day waiting period in Pennsylvania.
3. Licenses are good for (60) days from the date of issue.
4. Applicants who have been previously married and divorced must furnish a certified copy of the Decree of Divorce dissolving the marriage. A certified copy of the divorce decree issued by the courts contains a seal. Certified copies of divorce decrees may be obtained by contacting the Family Division of the Court in which the decree was granted. A widow or widower must provide a certified copy of the Death Certificate.
5. Applicants over the age of 18 need no consent. Applicants age 16 or 17 needs the consent of one parent. (There is additional $20.00 charge). Applicants under the age of 16 need a Court Order signed by the Judge and the consent of both parents. (There is an additional $20.00 charge).
6. If applicants have applied for a waiver which has been granted, there is also an additional $20.00 fee.
7. You will need to present photo identification such as your driver’s license, state ID, or passport. Social Security numbers will be requested.
8. If either applicant does not speak or understand English an interpreter is required.
i. Applicants may bring an adult of their choosing to interpret for them, however one applicant cannot act as interpreter for the other applicant. Non-English speaking applicants are encouraged to have any required identification and supporting documentation (e.g. birth/death certificates, divorce decrees) translated to English by a qualified interpreter before appearing to apply.
ii. If Non-English speaking applicants appear to apply without an adult of their choosing to interpret for them and without having had the required supporting documentation translated into English, interpreting/translation services will be provided at no cost to the applicants.
*Please note that upon pick up of your marriage license, the state of Pennsylvania requires a three-day waiting period before you are permitted to get married.
This office will NOT determine what is/is not a church and/or congregation.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you choose to be married by someone other than the officiants specifically listed & authorized by PA law, the burden of proof regarding the legality (or lack thereof) of your marriage will be upon you, should future issues arise that require a determination of the marriage’s validity. To be recognized as legal by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, marriages must be performed under a valid marriage license duly issued by a Clerk of Orphans’ Court.