Recorder of Deeds Fee Schedule
See CHECK LIST for additional requirements
THE REGISTER AND RECORDER’S OFFICE IS NOW ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
(Cannot accept more than 5 documents per recording fee check).
|Deeds (in any form)|
|$86.75||+ $10.00 for each Parcel ID#||+ Realty Transfer Tax|
1% State, 1% Local
If exempt, must file
Statement of Value $2.00
|+ $10.00 for each Parcel ID#|
|Mortgages Satisfactions, Releases|
Installment Sales Agreements & Memorandums
Leases & Memorandums (30 years or longer)
Rights of Way
|$58.75||+ $10.00 for each Parcel ID#|
|Other documents (but not limited to)|
Leases & Memorandums (under 30 years)
Oil & Gas Leases & Releases
Release of Mineral Lease
Condominium Code of Regulations & Declarations of Plans
Declaration of Taking
Orders of Court
|$18.50||+ $10.00 for each Parcel ID#|
|Powers of Attorney||$18.50||(add $10.00 for each Parcel ID#|
If Power of Attorney is to transfer
specific piece of real estate)
|Notary Public Commission and Bond||$38.50||$2.00 postage and handling|
|Change of Name||$18.50|
|Change of Address||$18.50|
|UCC Secured Transactions||$100.00||(add $10.00 for each Parcel ID#|
if attached to real estate)
i.e. Continuations, Terminations, Assignments
|$100.00||(add $10.00 for each Parcel ID#|
if attached to real estate)
|Plans & Maps|
Subdivision, Condominium, Condemnation
each extra page
Certified w/blue back add
By mail – postage & handling
* Parcel ID Certification fee – $10.00 for each Parcel ID# (as per County Ordinance #1 of 2011)
Fee Schedule Pursuant to:
Act 87 of 1982 Legislative Fee Schedule
Act 137 of 1992 Affordable Housing
Act 8 of 1998 Records Improvement Fund
Act 32 of 2002 Records Improvement Fund
Act 122 of 2002 Imposed by Supreme Court – Judicial Computer Program $10.00
Act 49 of 2009 Imposed by Supreme Court – Judicial Computer System/Access to Justice/Criminal
Justice Enhancement Fund – additional $13.50
Act 113 of 2014 Imposed by Supreme Court – Judicial Computer System/Access to Justice/Criminal
Justice Enhancement Fund – additional $2.00
Act 126 of 2014 Imposed by Supreme Court – Judicial Computer System/Access to Justice/Criminal
Justice Enhancement Fund – additional $10.00
Act 137 of 1992 Affordable Housing increase by Ordinance No. 3 of 2016 – additional $3.50
Act 152 of 2016 Demolition Fund – additional $15.00
Acts 40 & 44 Imposed by Supreme Court – Judicial Computer System/Access to Justice/Criminal Justice Enhancement Fund – additional $4.75
- A signed CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE of the Grantee must be on all Deeds and Mortgages.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope is required for return of document – A $2.00 postage/handling fee will be added if not provided.
- All real estate documents must have a legal description including the municipality and county where the property is located.
- If property is located in more than one municipality, it must clearly state the percentage in each municipality so that we can determine the Local Realty Transfer Tax.
- Parcel ID# is required on all real estate documents. (ordinance 102 of 1989) This number can be obtained from the Lawrence County Assessor’s Office and must be certified prior to recording. There is a $10.00 Parcel ID Certification fee for Each Parcel ID#.
- Document date must be on or before the acknowledgement date.
- Acknowledgement must be complete with county, state, date,names of persons appearing, notary signature, notary seal, and legible notary expiration date stamp.
- Return name and address must clearly appear on the document.
- If recording more than one document, they must be presented in order of recording.
- Document number or Book and Page must appear on all documents that refer back to an original document.
- Correction Documents must include reference to document being corrected and reason for correction. Correction Deeds must also include Statement of Value and copy of Deed being corrected.
- Re-recording documents must have a new acknowledgement and an explanation as to why they are being re-recorded.
- This office does not accept: blanket assignments or blanket releases. (Special fees will be required for exceptions).
- There is a $5.00 REJECTION FEE for all documents that are rejected for recording. A rejection letter will be attached stating the reason.
- No REFUNDS under $5.00 because of the $5.00 Rejection Fee. Overages will be turned over to the County General Fund at the end of each month.
NOTE: Fees not specifically mentioned on the fee schedule, will be set by Recorder.
PLEASE CALL BEFORE RECORDING TO GET TOTAL FEE. (724) 656-2131
Checks payable to and mailing address:LAWRENCE COUNTY RECORDER OF DEEDS
430 Court Street
New Castle, PA. 16101