Please read in full.
A Fee of $60.00 cash must be paid the day of the application.
Please take note of the following information:
1. Marriage licenses issued in this office are good in the state of Pennsylvania only; licenses cannot be used legally in any other state.
2. Licenses are good for sixty (60) days from the date of issue.
3. If either applicant has had a prior marriage that was dissolved by divorce, a final divorce decree is needed. If the marriage was dissolved by death of a spouse, a date of death is needed.
4. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, unless a holiday occurs during the week. Applicants may pick up licenses only during stated times.
5. Applicants over the age of 18 need no consent. Applicants age 16 or 17 need the consent of one parent. (There is an additional $20.00 charge). Applicants under the age of 16 need a Court Order signed by the Judge and the consent of one parent. (There is an additional $20.00 charge)
6. If applicants have applied for a waiver which has been granted, there is also an additional
7. Photo I.D. required (usually a driver’s license).
*Please note that upon pick up of your marriage license, the state of Pennsylvania requires a three-day waiting period before you are permitted to get married.
This office will NOT determine what is/is not a church and/or congregation.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you choose to be married by someone other than the officiants specifically listed & authorized by PA law, the burden of proof regarding the legality (or lack thereof) of your marriage will be upon you, should future issues arise that require a determination of the marriage’s validity. To be recognized as legal by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, marriages must be performed under a valid marriage license duly issued by a Clerk of Orphans’ Court.